Berry Coconut Smoothie Bowl by Brittany Muellar
sweet blend of strawberries and blueberries gives this smoothie bowl a rich purple hue. Coconut water, dairy-free vanilla yogurt, and hemp seeds add a touch of nutty sweetness to make this smoothie bowl a satisfying base for fresh berries and cherries, toasted coconut, and Sunrise Crunchy Maple organic cereal.
- 1.5 cups
- 10 mins prep
- ½ cup coconut water
- ½ cup dairy-free vanilla yogurt
- ⅔ cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- ⅓ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds or 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- Sunrise Crunchy Maple Cereal
- Dried toasted coconut
- Fresh blackberries, cherries, and blueberries
- Begin by preparing the toppings for your smoothie bowl. I used Sunrise Crunchy Maple cereal, dried coconut, fresh blackberries, cherries, and blueberries to top this berry coconut smoothie bowl.
- In a high-speed blender, combine coconut water, dairy-free yogurt, frozen berries, and hemp seeds or protein powder. Blend on high until smooth. If necessary, use a tamper or pause and redistribute the smoothie to ensure even blending.
- Scoop or pour the smoothie into a bowl and add toppings. Enjoy immediately.
- Use frozen berries for a thick, frosty smoothie bowl. Choose fresh fruit for a thinner consistency.
- For an extra touch of sweetness and creaminess, substitute the coconut water for vanilla almond milk.
- Customize your toppings to suit your preferences! A mix of organic cereal, fresh or dried fruit, and nuts or seeds will add an extra dose of texture, flavor, and nutrients to your smoothie bowl.
AVOCADO, BACON AND EGG TOAST WITH QUICK TOMATO JAM by Jessica
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 2 large egg
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 slices thick-cut bread, toasted
- fresh basil for topping
quick tomato jam
- 1 1/2 cups whole cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and add the bacon. Cook until the fat is rendered and the bacon is completely crispy. Remove the bacon and place it on a paper-towel lined plate to drain any excess grease.
Keep the skillet over medium heat and add the eggs to the bacon grease, cooking them over easy or as desired. Once the eggs are finished, season with a bit of salt and pepper.
Thinly slice the avocado and sprinkle it with salt and pepper too.
To make the toast, spread the tomato jam on one side. To with the avocado slices and then the bacon. Throw the egg on top and sprinkle with fresh basil. Devour!
quick tomato jam
Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add the tomatoes, garlic, sugar, lime juice and vinegar. Stir often, cooking until the tomatoes begin to burst. Continue to cook as the mixture bubbles and the tomatoes break down, using a wooden spoon to break them apart if needed, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Carefully transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender. Blend until pureed. Pour into a jar and let sit at room temperature until the mixture cools completely. It will thicken more as it cools. Once cool, store in a sealed container in the fridge.